NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwired) -- 06/26/13 -- WebThriftStore, a leading online charity fundraising platform, today announced new partnerships with New York Cares and Ronald McDonald House Charities New York Tri-State Area. These nonprofits now have their own online stores where donated items (such as clothing, electronics, furniture, household items, etc.) are sold into the marketplace to benefit the charities.
"We are thrilled to partner with WebThriftStore," said Gary Bagley, Executive Director of New York Cares. "Raising funds is critical to our work and WebThriftStore provides an engaging and innovative opportunity for our supporters to help with that effort."
"WebThriftStore has helped to diversify the number of giving options that our donors can avail themselves of in choosing to support our organization," said Christopher Perry, Executive Director of Ronald McDonald House Charities New York Tri-State Area. "With its hassle-free, easy-to-use interface, WebThriftStore makes donating or buying items a cinch, and the simpler you can make it for the donor, the better."
WebThriftStore turns people's excess stuff into cash for charities, tax deductions for donors, and bargains for buyers. Any nonprofit can start a "virtual" thrift store without holding inventory, and with zero financial risk. When a supporter lists a donation, it becomes available in the WebThriftStore marketplace, and its sales proceeds benefit the selected nonprofit.
"We are excited to provide a new fundraising platform to these two distinguished organizations and their supporters," said Doug Krugman, CEO of WebThriftStore. "We are rapidly expanding our audience and welcome any nonprofit, large or small, to create their own online store at WebThriftStore.com. We've created a fun, new, cutting-edge way for supporters and shoppers to turn billions of dollars of excess belongings into cash for their favorite causes."
Most Popular Stories
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise