Event to include writers of PACIFIC RIM, OBLIVION, more
LOS ANGELES, June 26, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Writers Guild Foundation will host representatives from 20th Century Fox, Focus Features and FilmDistrict, as well as screenwriters Travis Beacham, Marti Noxon and more during the first in its series of rebooted craft symposia this Saturday. Also present will be the directors of The Black List, the Academy Nicholl Fellowships in Screenwriting, and the Austin Film Festival's writing competitions. The event, titled "Craft Your Future: Surviving And Thriving As A Screenwriter" is the continuation of the WGF's all-day summer writing symposia, which focus partly on the craft of screen and television writing and partly on the current marketplace for entertainment writers and creators. As such, many of the day's panels will highlight screenplay sales, the future of the spec market, and the current state of the industry from the perspective of both producers and writers. "We're thrilled that such an exciting array of writers, producers and other experts are joining us in the WGA Theater," said Katie Buckland, Executive Director of the Writers Guild Foundation. "It'll be an educational day for everyone. It'd be pretty difficult to attend this event and not learn something about the industry that you didn't know before." The WGF will also display a table featuring items from its archive of screenwriting historical artifacts, including the first handwritten draft of THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK. What's more, popular podcasters and scripters John August (BIG FISH) and Craig Mazin (THE HANGOVER PART III) will record a live episode of their ScriptNotes podcast, which itself focuses on the business of writing in Hollywood. The event will take place this Saturday, June 29, at the Writers Guild Theater at 135 S. Doheny Drive in Beverly Hills.
CONTACT Kevin Ott Communications Director 323.782.4694 firstname.lastname@example.org wgfoundation.org SOURCE Writers Guild Foundation
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Natural Gas Discovery Could Lead to Cleaner Fuels