A LLANELLI actress has won a lead role in an upcoming production of the musical Annie and is set to wow audiences when the show comes to town.
Twenty-year-old Hanna Morgan, of Millennium Quay, will be leading the cast of Mark Jermin Stage School in their upcoming production of the popular musical in her role as Grace Farrell.
Set during the Great Depression, the uplifting musical tells the tale of optimistic young orphan, Annie, taken in by billionaire, Oliver Daddy Warbucks and his faithful secretary Grace, and their search for Annie's missing parents.
Bringing with her a wealth of experience from her previous roles in S4C drama Gwaith Cartref, BBC's Casualty, and as presenter of a teen magazine programme for Llanelli production company Tinopolis, Hanna is putting the final touches to her perfor mance.
She said: It's a fantastic part as I get to sing, dance and act.
More than anything I am looking forward to performing in my home town and at the stunning new theatre in Llanelli.
The show, which has a cast of more than 200 youngsters, four dogs and a flying set, is one of director Mark Jermin's favourite shows to direct.
It has everything a good show needs, he said.
Fantastic music, comedy, a variety of characters and a great story.
The production will open at Llanelli's Ffwrnes on Wednesday, July 3 and will run until Saturday, July 6.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Pot's Legal in WA -- But You Should Probably Ask Your Boss
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Drive-In Movie Theaters Use Creativity to Afford Digital Switch
- Obama Cites Letter Writers in Pitching Economy
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- U.S. Immigration Courts Facing Record Backlog
- President Obama Relishes Roadshow, but Agenda Still Stuck
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- Farrell, Kitsch Rumored for Season 2 of 'True Detective'