Maria Cristina "MC" González Noguera has been named special assistant to the president and communications director to Michelle Obama.
Gonzalez Noguera will start in the East Wing in July. She will replace Kristina Schake, who will be leaving the White House for a position in the private sector, according to a statement.
González Noguera currently serves as as the global vice president in corporate communications for the Estée Lauder Companies Inc. (ELC). She advises the ELC's leadership team on strategic communications matters, including government affairs, media relations, issues management and employee engagement.
"While Kristina leaves big shoes to fill, MC brings a fresh perspective and a wealth of expertise that will make her an incredible asset to our team," Michelle Obama said in a statement. "My time at the White House has been focused on ensuring all our children and families thrive, and as an experienced communications professional who shares my commitment to this mission, I know MC will be an outstanding partner."
González Noguera is a native of Puerto Rico, and a graduate of Tufts University.
During her tenure at ELC, González Noguera played a role in leading and integrating the company's extensive corporate responsibility initiatives. Prior to joining ELC, she was a managing director for the Washington, D.C., strategic communications firm Chlopak, Leonard, Schechter & Associates.
Check out the The Billion Dollar Club -- the HispanicBusiness 500 now lists five billion-dollar-plus companies on its index of the top-earning U.S. Hispanic enterprises.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security