WINNIPEG, MANITOBA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/26/13 -- The facts: 13 cities. 18 Days. 11,000 kilometres. 250,000 pounds of food. One epic road trip starting in Newfoundland and ending in British Columbia.
Five Hole for Food founder, Richard Loat and his friends are setting off on a coast-to-coast tour for the fourth year, stopping in 13 cities along the way, and playing ball hockey to feed hungry Canadians. This year's goal is to collect the equivalent of 250,000 pounds of food across the country for local community food banks.
Winnipeg is the eighth stop of the road trip. The public is invited to bring their hockey stick to play in a drop-in ball hockey game and, if they dare, challenge Richard and his crew in the face-off circle. While there is no charge to play, participants and spectators are encouraged to bring a non-perishable food item or cash donation. Volunteers from the local food bank will be on site to collected donations.
WHO: Five Hole for Food
WHAT: Charity ball hockey game to collect donations for local food banks
WHEN: Saturday, July 13, noon-4 p.m.
WHERE: Corydon Avenue at Cockburn Street
WHY: Proceeds will benefit Siloam Mission
For more information, visit http://www.FiveHoleforFood.com.
FHFF media relations
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- JLo Turns the Tables in New Vid: 'I Luh Ya Papi'