COLOGNE, GERMANY -- (Marketwired) -- 06/26/13 -- AXA ART, the world's leading specialist insurer of art and collectibles, today announced the formation of a new legal entity, AXA ART Americas Corporation, headquartered in New York, New York. The umbrella company serves to facilitate AXA ART's growth strategy and business interests across North and South America. The reach and scope of AXA ART Americas Corporation will allow for product and service offerings to care for, evaluate, and insure art works for collectors, established artists, museums, galleries, corporations, and exhibitions in the Americas.
AXA ART further announced that its Executive Committee Member, Christiane Fischer, will serve as President and CEO of AXA ART Americas Corporation while continuing her role as CEO of US-based AXA ART Insurance Corporation. Fischer has been at the forefront of the Company's growth in North and South America, notably facilitating the specialist insurer's expansion into Mexico, Canada, and Brazil.
In commenting on the announcement, Dr. Ulrich Guntram, Global CEO of the AXA ART Group said, "Establishing AXA Art Americas Corporation is an important step to better serve our clients, especially as we enter new international territories. We are pleased to have Christiane Fischer continue to play a leading role in developing the important and growing art markets on the North and South American continents."
About AXA ART
International reach, unrivalled competence, and a high quality network of expert partners distinguish AXA ART, the only art insurance specialist in the world, from its generalist property insurance competitors. Over the past 50 years and well into the future, AXA ART has and will continue to redefine the manner in which it serves and services its museum, gallery, collector, and artist clients across the Americas, Asia, and Europe, with a sincere consideration of the way valuable objects are insured and cultural patrimony is protected. For more information visit: www.axa-art-usa.com.
Global Media Contact:
AXA ART Group
Head of Global Public Relations
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Shanghai Smog Forces Factory Shutdowns
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- Economic Bright Spots Not a Sure Boost for President Obama
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines