Eight people were killed when a helicopter
conducting rescue sorties in India's flood-ravaged Uttarakhand state
crashed amid bad weather on Tuesday, officials said.
The Indian Air Force helicopter returning from Kedarnath, one of the worst-hit areas, crashed near Gaurikund in the hill state, the Defence Ministry said.
Five air force personnel and three civilians were killed. Military helicopters have been evacuating thousands of stranded people despite the continuing bad weather.
Most Popular Stories
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- Notes From the July FOMC Meeting
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- Honda's Safe Approach Pays Off in Sales
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook