Eight people were killed when a helicopter
conducting rescue sorties in India's flood-ravaged Uttarakhand state
crashed amid bad weather on Tuesday, officials said.
The Indian Air Force helicopter returning from Kedarnath, one of the worst-hit areas, crashed near Gaurikund in the hill state, the Defence Ministry said.
Five air force personnel and three civilians were killed. Military helicopters have been evacuating thousands of stranded people despite the continuing bad weather.
Most Popular Stories
- Desktop, Laptop Setups Still King
- Four DC Comics Properties Brought to TV Get Comic-Con Event
- UFC Fight Night Sees Robbie Lawler Win Unanimous Decision
- Plan to Simplify 2015 Health Renewals May Backfire
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy ' Sequel Slated for 2017
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows