Eight people were killed when a helicopter
conducting rescue sorties in India's flood-ravaged Uttarakhand state
crashed amid bad weather on Tuesday, officials said.
The Indian Air Force helicopter returning from Kedarnath, one of the worst-hit areas, crashed near Gaurikund in the hill state, the Defence Ministry said.
Five air force personnel and three civilians were killed. Military helicopters have been evacuating thousands of stranded people despite the continuing bad weather.
Most Popular Stories
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Social Media Startups That Pay You to Post
- Female Business Owners Still Face Gender Gap
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana