Eight people were killed when a helicopter
conducting rescue sorties in India's flood-ravaged Uttarakhand state
crashed amid bad weather on Tuesday, officials said.
The Indian Air Force helicopter returning from Kedarnath, one of the worst-hit areas, crashed near Gaurikund in the hill state, the Defence Ministry said.
Five air force personnel and three civilians were killed. Military helicopters have been evacuating thousands of stranded people despite the continuing bad weather.
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- Car Drivers Warned to Get Air Bags Fixed
- 'Fury' Gets Into Soldiers' Minds: Brad Pitt