Juggler Jason Huneke: He juggles, rides a unicycle and does other tricks; 10:15-10:45 a.m. or 11-11:30 a.m. today, Hoffman Estates Branch Library, 1550 Hassell Road. For ages 3 and up. Limited seating. Free. (847) 885-3511. programs.stdl.org
Treasure Cove of Asian Stories: Master storyteller Robert Kikuchi- Yngojo weaves the magical world of myths and folk tales from Asian cultures with musical instruments and drama; 7 p.m. today, Schaumburg Township District Library, 130 S. Roselle Road. Free. (847) 895-3600.
2013 Blue Whiskey Independent Film Festival: Weeklong festival exhibits films from around the globe and has live Q&As with the filmmakers; 7 p.m. today, Cutting Hall Performing Arts Center, 150 E. Wood St., Palatine. $6-$100. www.cuttinghall.org/tickets.htm.
Remembering the Berlin Airlift: German historian Anette Issacs presents a look at this fascinating time in postwar history that began 65 years ago on June 24, 1948; 7:30 p.m. today, Mount Prospect Public Library, 10 S. Emerson St. Free; Must register: www.mppl.org.
co-sponsored by the Mount Prospect Historical Society. (847) 253- 5675, or stop by.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Bundy Ranch Standoff Has Spurred Radical Right
- Emmys: 'Orange' Marks Break From Sitcoms
- Repubs to Sue Obama for Delaying Obamacare
- Thousands of Children Dragged Into U.S. Political Bickering
- Fed Vice Chair Fischer: Care Needed to Avoid Crisis
- Collegefeed Connects Grads and Jobs
- Dems Float Long-Shot Effort to Curb Campaign Cash
- Union Pulls Support of UNCF Over Koch Gift
- Portugal Bank Fears Spark Selloff
- Border Crisis Could Lead to Faster Deportations