MAROUSSI, ATHENS, GREECE -- (Marketwired) -- 06/25/13 -- Euroseas Ltd. (NASDAQ: ESEA) (the "Company"), an owner and operator of drybulk and container carrier vessels and provider of seaborne transportation for drybulk and containerized cargoes, today announced the official results of its 2013 Annual General Meeting, held on June 21, 2013 at 10:30 a.m. local time in New York, NY USA. The following proposals were approved by the Company's shareholders:
1. Mr. Apostolos Tamvakakis and Mr. George Taniskidis were elected as Class C Directors to serve for a term of three years until the 2016 Annual Meeting of Shareholders ("Proposal One");
2. An amendment to the Company's Amended and Restated Articles of Incorporation to effect a reverse stock split of the Company's issued and outstanding shares of common stock by a ratio of between one-for-two and one-for-ten, inclusive, to be determined by the Company's Board of Directors in its discretion, and to authorize the Company's Board of Directors to implement the reverse stock split at any time prior to the Company's 2014 Annual Meeting of Shareholders by filing such amendment with the Registrar of Corporations of the Republic of the Marshall Islands was approved ("Proposal Two"); and
3. Deloitte Hadjipavlou, Sofianos & Cambanis S.A. was approved as the Company's independent auditors for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2013 ("Proposal Three").
About Euroseas Ltd.
Euroseas Ltd. was formed on May 5, 2005 under the laws of the Republic of the Marshall Islands to consolidate the ship owning interests of the Pittas family of Athens, Greece, which has been in the shipping business over the past 140 years. Euroseas trades on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the ticker symbol ESEA.
Visit our website www.euroseas.gr. Information contained on our
website does not constitute a part of this press release.
Chief Financial Officer
11 Canterbury Lane
Watchung, NJ 07069
Tel. (908) 301-9091
Investor Relations / Financial Media
Capital Link, Inc.
230 Park Avenue, Suite 1536
New York, NY 10169
Tel. (212) 661-7566
Most Popular Stories
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- Eric Garcia Appointed as Revenue Chief
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Volatility No Reason to Bail on Stock Market
- Cuba Deploys More Medicos in Ebola Fight
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week