June 24--Tupac Shakur will be hitting the Broadway stage, and not in a holographic form.
"Holler If Ya Hear Me," a musical featuring songs by the slain hip-hop artist, is in the works, The Hollywood Reporter said Monday.
The play is about "the challenges faced by two childhood friends and their extended families," according to the report.
Kenny Leon, who directed Sean "Diddy" Combs in the 2004 production of "A Raisin in the Sun" on Broadway, will direct the play, which is set to open during the 2013-2014 season.
Visit amNewYork at www.amny.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South