June 24--Tupac Shakur will be hitting the Broadway stage, and not in a holographic form.
"Holler If Ya Hear Me," a musical featuring songs by the slain hip-hop artist, is in the works, The Hollywood Reporter said Monday.
The play is about "the challenges faced by two childhood friends and their extended families," according to the report.
Kenny Leon, who directed Sean "Diddy" Combs in the 2004 production of "A Raisin in the Sun" on Broadway, will direct the play, which is set to open during the 2013-2014 season.
Visit amNewYork at www.amny.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Jack White Records Songs, Releases Vinyl in Hours
- 420 Pot Holiday Tries To Go Mainstream
- Malaysia, Flight 370 Relatives Talk Financial Help
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- Report: Next Iran Nuclear Talks Set for New York
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text