June 24--Tupac Shakur will be hitting the Broadway stage, and not in a holographic form.
"Holler If Ya Hear Me," a musical featuring songs by the slain hip-hop artist, is in the works, The Hollywood Reporter said Monday.
The play is about "the challenges faced by two childhood friends and their extended families," according to the report.
Kenny Leon, who directed Sean "Diddy" Combs in the 2004 production of "A Raisin in the Sun" on Broadway, will direct the play, which is set to open during the 2013-2014 season.
Visit amNewYork at www.amny.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Updates on Everglades' Stranded Pilot Whales
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Stolen Cobalt-60 Recovered in Mexico
- Wind Power and Wildlife Can Coexist
- Ford Mustang Still Packs Power
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- Sarmiento to Handle Greeley Latin Ops
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Below 300,000
- Roybal-Allard Tours Gordon Brush Plant