June 24--Tupac Shakur will be hitting the Broadway stage, and not in a holographic form.
"Holler If Ya Hear Me," a musical featuring songs by the slain hip-hop artist, is in the works, The Hollywood Reporter said Monday.
The play is about "the challenges faced by two childhood friends and their extended families," according to the report.
Kenny Leon, who directed Sean "Diddy" Combs in the 2004 production of "A Raisin in the Sun" on Broadway, will direct the play, which is set to open during the 2013-2014 season.
Visit amNewYork at www.amny.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006