June 25--"Delicate Gravity," a French story about two people brought together by a call to a wrong number, won the Best of Festival prize at the just-concluded Palm Springs International ShortFest, called the largest short film festival in North America.
Running from June 18 to 24, the festival reported record-breaking attendance from ticket buyers, filmmakers and the film industry.
"Our spectacular increase in filmmaker and industry attendance brought an extraordinary breadth of creative talent to ShortFest 2013 -- encouraging our belief that visual storytelling not only thrives, but is indeed an increasingly vital part of the human condition worldwide," Kathleen McInnis, the festival's curator and director of industry programming, said in a statement.
(c)2013 the Los Angeles Times
Visit the Los Angeles Times at www.latimes.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Salsa Legend Cheo Feliciano Killed in Car Crash
- Earthlike Planet Found in Red Dwarf's Goldilocks Zone
- New Auto Plant to Create 155 Jobs in Kentucky
- Miss. Gov. Signs Bills to Curb Unions
- Hiring and Weekly Jobless Claims Both Edge Up
- Generating Solar Power in the Dark
- Google Q1 Earnings Dip as Ad Prices Slip