June 25--"Delicate Gravity," a French story about two people brought together by a call to a wrong number, won the Best of Festival prize at the just-concluded Palm Springs International ShortFest, called the largest short film festival in North America.
Running from June 18 to 24, the festival reported record-breaking attendance from ticket buyers, filmmakers and the film industry.
"Our spectacular increase in filmmaker and industry attendance brought an extraordinary breadth of creative talent to ShortFest 2013 -- encouraging our belief that visual storytelling not only thrives, but is indeed an increasingly vital part of the human condition worldwide," Kathleen McInnis, the festival's curator and director of industry programming, said in a statement.
(c)2013 the Los Angeles Times
Visit the Los Angeles Times at www.latimes.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Scholarships Offered for Hispanic Heritage Month
- Boeing Succeeds in Early Wooing of China Airline Startups
- Latin America Seeks Ways to Add Value to China Exports
- EU Finance Ministers Discuss Investment Plan
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- IS Releases New Beheading Video
- Detroit Bankruptcy: Pivotal Progress in Trial's Second Week
- Will Apple's Digital Wallet Conquer the Card Swipe?
- Apple Reportedly Spent $100MM for Free U2 Album from iTunes
- Olive Garden's Breadsticks Targeted by Activist Investor