June 25--"Delicate Gravity," a French story about two people brought together by a call to a wrong number, won the Best of Festival prize at the just-concluded Palm Springs International ShortFest, called the largest short film festival in North America.
Running from June 18 to 24, the festival reported record-breaking attendance from ticket buyers, filmmakers and the film industry.
"Our spectacular increase in filmmaker and industry attendance brought an extraordinary breadth of creative talent to ShortFest 2013 -- encouraging our belief that visual storytelling not only thrives, but is indeed an increasingly vital part of the human condition worldwide," Kathleen McInnis, the festival's curator and director of industry programming, said in a statement.
(c)2013 the Los Angeles Times
Visit the Los Angeles Times at www.latimes.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Cape Cod Building Mussel Industry
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- Teresa Giudice Must Serve Time in Prison