June 24--TERRY BRADSHAW -- NFL veteran, TV personality ... stage star? Bradshaw, a former Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback and current NFL commentator on Fox, is branching out into yet another entertainment medium and will premiere his new stage show in Las Vegas on Friday.
"Terry Bradshaw: America's Favorite Dumb Blonde.... A Life in Four Quarters" is scheduled to run at the Mirage Hotel for Friday and Saturday evening. The 70-minute show is expected to feature comedy routines, storytelling and even some singing.
Bradshaw retired from professional football in 1984. Over the years, he has tried his hand at a number of entertainment-related jobs. In addition to hosting TV broadcasts of NFL games for CBS and Fox, he has ventured into country music, published books and acted on screen.
His biggest movie role to date was the 2006 romantic comedy "Failure to Launch," in which he played father to man-child Matthew McConaughey.
According to the Mirage, Bradshaw's new show will recount his colorful career -- including a stint as a toupee model -- and will feature video clips of the "funniest moments of his life." The show will also include backup singers and dancers as well as guest stars whose names haven't been announced.
Bradshaw isn't the first former athlete to essay a theatrical production. Mike Tyson brought his one-man show to Broadway last season, after premiering it at the MGM Grand in Vegas. (The play came to the Pantages Theatre in Hollywood in March as part of a tour.)
The sports-themed plays "Magic/Bird" and "Lombardi" ran on Broadway in recent seasons.
(c)2013 the Los Angeles Times
Visit the Los Angeles Times at www.latimes.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum