OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 06/24/13 -- It gives me great pleasure to salute everyone taking part in activities celebrating Saint-Jean-Baptiste Day, from one end of the country to the other.
The feast day of St. John the Baptist, which used to mark the summer solstice, is now an opportunity for the people of Quebec and Francophones all across Canada to celebrate their cultural identity, and the richness and diversity of Canada's Francophonie from coast to coast. The gatherings and festivities that take place on June 24 allow us to commemorate together-through words, music and various events-Francophone history, and our pride in a flourishing culture and a vibrant language.
I wish you all a wonderful, fun-filled, Saint-Jean-Baptiste Day!
Follow GGDavidJohnston and RideauHall on Facebook and Twitter
Rideau Hall Press Office
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World