OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 06/24/13 -- It gives me great pleasure to salute everyone taking part in activities celebrating Saint-Jean-Baptiste Day, from one end of the country to the other.
The feast day of St. John the Baptist, which used to mark the summer solstice, is now an opportunity for the people of Quebec and Francophones all across Canada to celebrate their cultural identity, and the richness and diversity of Canada's Francophonie from coast to coast. The gatherings and festivities that take place on June 24 allow us to commemorate together-through words, music and various events-Francophone history, and our pride in a flourishing culture and a vibrant language.
I wish you all a wonderful, fun-filled, Saint-Jean-Baptiste Day!
Follow GGDavidJohnston and RideauHall on Facebook and Twitter
Rideau Hall Press Office
Most Popular Stories
- Mazda Leads the Pack for Fuel Efficiency
- 2014 Will Be 'Breakthrough Year' for U.S., Obama Says
- Prius Among Insurance Institute's 39 Top Safety Vehicles
- Target Overwhelmed by Worried Customers
- Nigella Bites Back Over 'Vilification'
- 'American Hustle' Review
- Judge Grants Order, Keeping Tonsil Surgery Tragedy Girl on Ventilator
- First Family Arrives for Hawaiian Island Holiday
- Congress Ends Turbulent Year with Approving IRS Chief
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum