Ecuador is considering an application for asylum
from fugitive US whistleblower Edward Snowden, Foreign Minister
Ricardo Patino said Monday in Hanoi.
"We will take the decision at the right moment," Patino said through a translator. "We are considering the arguments and will take the decisions but based on our constitution and international policies and our sovereignty."
Patino said he was in contact with the Russian government but could not comment on Snowden's current whereabouts.
Most Popular Stories
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- 10 Things to Know About Alibaba
- Five Steps to Protect Yourself from Data Breaches
- Concur Sold to SAP for $8.3B
- Chrysler Recalls Nearly 189,000 SUVs
- Federal Probe Finds Christie Did Not Order 'Bridgegate'
- Intruder Gets into White House
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton