Ecuador is considering an application for asylum
from fugitive US whistleblower Edward Snowden, Foreign Minister
Ricardo Patino said Monday in Hanoi.
"We will take the decision at the right moment," Patino said through a translator. "We are considering the arguments and will take the decisions but based on our constitution and international policies and our sovereignty."
Patino said he was in contact with the Russian government but could not comment on Snowden's current whereabouts.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Salsa Legend Cheo Feliciano Killed in Car Crash
- Miss. Gov. Signs Bills to Curb Unions
- Google Q1 Earnings Dip as Ad Prices Slip
- Hiring and Weekly Jobless Claims Both Edge Up
- PepsiCo Q1 Profits Rise on Snack Sales, Cost Cuts
- Snowden Questions Putin on TV Call-in Show
- Poor Barbie Sales Drag on Mattel