Ecuador is considering an application for asylum
from fugitive US whistleblower Edward Snowden, Foreign Minister
Ricardo Patino said Monday in Hanoi.
"We will take the decision at the right moment," Patino said through a translator. "We are considering the arguments and will take the decisions but based on our constitution and international policies and our sovereignty."
Patino said he was in contact with the Russian government but could not comment on Snowden's current whereabouts.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction