According to ACN: Pablo, first feature film directed by Cuban Yosmani Acosta, won two prizes at the 2013 New York International Film Festival. Acosta won the award in the Best Director category, while actor Omar Franco walked away with the prize in that of Best Supporting Actor, the film's producer, Bobby Estany, told ACN via e- mail. After its participation in the New York festival, the film, nominated in another three categories -foreign film, main actors and original story- will be presented in other U.S. cities and in France. The background music of the film,-the first one made in Camaguey province (2011), as well as its theme, was in charge of the island's Buena Fe duo.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign