According to ACN: Pablo, first feature film directed by Cuban Yosmani Acosta, won two prizes at the 2013 New York International Film Festival. Acosta won the award in the Best Director category, while actor Omar Franco walked away with the prize in that of Best Supporting Actor, the film's producer, Bobby Estany, told ACN via e- mail. After its participation in the New York festival, the film, nominated in another three categories -foreign film, main actors and original story- will be presented in other U.S. cities and in France. The background music of the film,-the first one made in Camaguey province (2011), as well as its theme, was in charge of the island's Buena Fe duo.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise