June 23--Broadway's Best will present four productions between August and the end of the year.
Its Bare Bones Theatre Season will begin with "Broadway, the '50s Thru the '80s" from Aug. 9-11 and 15-18, featuring music from the golden age of American musical theater.
In September, the company will present "I Do, I Do," a two-character musical that was a hit on Broadway when it starred Robert Preston and Mary Martin. "I Do, I Do" will run Sept. 13-15 and 19-22.
Next up is "Broadway's Tricks and Treats," featuring songs of murder and mayhem in time for Halloween. It will run Oct. 18-20 and 24-27.
The last show of the season will be "Holidays on Broadway," featuring holiday hits from the Great White Way. It will run Nov. 29-Dec. 1, and Dec. 5-8.
Season tickets are $75, $65 for seniors, $50 for students. Tickets to individual shows are $25, $20 for seniors, $15 for students.
Broadway's Best, a nonprofit organization, is raising money to develop a site in Davie County into a 250-seat theater that will offer a summer-stock season and quarterly productions.
For tickets or more information, call (336) 575-4446 or see www.broadwaysbest.biz.
(c)2013 Winston-Salem Journal (Winston Salem, N.C.)
Visit Winston-Salem Journal (Winston Salem, N.C.) at www2.journalnow.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Accenture Gets 8 Percent Bump in Q1
- Insurance Rule Change Angers Industry
- Alex Kinsey, Sierra Deaton Crowned 'X-Factor' Champs
- Revised GDP Up 4.1 Percent in 3rd Quarter
- Obama Opens Last-Minute Loophole in Insurance Law
- Obama's Dad Was Abusive Drunk, Half Brother Says
- Time No Longer Stands Still for Cuban Entrepreneurs
- Brian Boitano Announces That He Is Gay
- Little Risk of Deportation Under Obama
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum