America's NBC network says it has green-lit an hourlong, animated holiday musical special based on the children's book "How Murray Saved Christmas."
The program was created by four-time Emmy-winning writer and executive producer Mike Reiss, based on Reiss' best-selling book of the same name.
The story is about how cranky deli owner Murray Kleiner is forced to fill in for Santa one Christmas and does a weirdly wonderful job, a synopsis said.
"'Murray' is the perfect project to get audiences into the holiday spirit, and Mike's impressive comedic background makes him a great choice to put all the pieces together," NBC Entertainment President Jennifer Salke said in a statement.
The music will be composed by Walter Murphy, who was recently Oscar-nominated for his work on the feature film "Ted." He has won an Emmy for "Family Guy" and was nominated on three other occasions.
No air date or voice cast for "Murray" has been announced.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- China Approves iPhone 6 After Security Assurances
- U.S. Home Prices Rose at Slowest Pace in 20 Months
- Meet the YouTube Tech Review Sensation
- Who Is Daniel Ivascyn?
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Netflix Eyes Hollywood With Feature Film