June 21--Angelina Leon, a native of Porterville, will be attending a showing "Love Concord," a movie in which she plays a lead role, at 7 o'clock tonight at the Community Center.
"Love Concord" is a high school love story where Leon plays the character of Melinda, a school bookworm who captures the attention of Gerry, the class clown, played by Jorge Diaz.
"The title is a play on words," Leon explained, saying that the movie was filmed mostly in Concord and parts of Martinez and the suburbs of the Bay Area.
The movie was "shot three years ago in June and took 17 days to film," Leon stated.
"Love Concord" had a limited release on screen in Concord and made its world-wide premiere at the HBO Latino Film Festival in New York in August 2012.
Leon was in the first graduating class of Granite Hills High School is 2002. Currently, she works as a teacher and tutor at the education center at the Tule River Reservation.
"I really just like story telling and entertaining," Leon said. "I've been obsessed with movies since I was three years old."
Although the showing of "Love Concord" is free to the public, Leon said "I don't know how much room will be available. A lot of friends and family members are going."
The movie is, however, available at Walmart.
Leon plans to continue her interest in acting. "I'm looking to make some short films in Porterville," she explained, because of technology today and social media, it's a lot easier to make movies in other locations instead of just Hollywood.
(c)2013 The Porterville Recorder (Porterville, Calif.)
Visit The Porterville Recorder (Porterville, Calif.) at www.recorderonline.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Auto Dealer Builds Big Solar Project
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response