June 21--Angelina Leon, a native of Porterville, will be attending a showing "Love Concord," a movie in which she plays a lead role, at 7 o'clock tonight at the Community Center.
"Love Concord" is a high school love story where Leon plays the character of Melinda, a school bookworm who captures the attention of Gerry, the class clown, played by Jorge Diaz.
"The title is a play on words," Leon explained, saying that the movie was filmed mostly in Concord and parts of Martinez and the suburbs of the Bay Area.
The movie was "shot three years ago in June and took 17 days to film," Leon stated.
"Love Concord" had a limited release on screen in Concord and made its world-wide premiere at the HBO Latino Film Festival in New York in August 2012.
Leon was in the first graduating class of Granite Hills High School is 2002. Currently, she works as a teacher and tutor at the education center at the Tule River Reservation.
"I really just like story telling and entertaining," Leon said. "I've been obsessed with movies since I was three years old."
Although the showing of "Love Concord" is free to the public, Leon said "I don't know how much room will be available. A lot of friends and family members are going."
The movie is, however, available at Walmart.
Leon plans to continue her interest in acting. "I'm looking to make some short films in Porterville," she explained, because of technology today and social media, it's a lot easier to make movies in other locations instead of just Hollywood.
(c)2013 The Porterville Recorder (Porterville, Calif.)
Visit The Porterville Recorder (Porterville, Calif.) at www.recorderonline.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Asia Seeks Obama's Assurance Over Spats
- Coachella's Young Audience a Marketers Paradise
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap
- National Energy Boom Blurs Political Battle Lines
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West
- Clinton Sought GOP Support for Health Plan
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs