Popular U.S. singer, actress and entrepreneur
Jennifer Lopez received the 2,500th star on the iconic Hollywood Walk of Fame
Thursday, capping a two-decade-strong fruitful singing career.
Lopez, who wore a long peach skirt and sleeveless white top, was joined by boyfriend Casper Smart, actor Keenen Ivory Wayans, rapper Pitbull, former "American Idol" producer Nigel Lythgoe, and her "Monster-in-Law" co-star Jane Fonda at the unveiling.
"She should have an entire block of stars," Fonda said when delivering a remark. "In my opinion, she's only scratched the surface in what she's capable of."
Lopez thanked cheering fans and her colleagues who participated in the event.
"This landmark moment inspires me to work harder and dream bigger for all that is the future," a visibly moved Lopez said.
Born in the Bronx, New York City, on July 24, 1969, Lopez has made a fruitful achievement in the musical world which started in 1999 with the release of her first single "If You Had My Love."
The singer has sold over 70 million records worldwide. She was widely recognized as the most influential Hispanic performer in the United States, breaking various barriers during her quest.
Lopez also ventured into film acting, starring in films including "Selena," "The Wedding Planner," "Monster-In-Law" and "Mi Familia."
She appeared in some television series including Fox comedy "In Living Color" and CBS drama "Second Chances," and served as executive producer of the ABC family drama "The Fosters" which premiered on June 3.
In addition, she was a judge on Fox's "American Idol" in the 2011 and 2012 seasons.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy