A total of 15 weightlifters and coaches from
Nicaragua will receive up to one month of sports training in Cuba and Venezuela,
the president of the Nicaraguan Weightlifting Federation (FENILEP), Miguel
Leiva, said Thursday.
FENILEP announced the training was agreed during the resent Congress of the International Weightlifting Federation, held in Moscow.
"This training is aimed for the 2017 Central American Games to be held in Nicaragua," said Leiva.
Leiva said that in Moscow, Tamas Ajan, which is president-elect of the International Weightlifting Federation, promised to help Nicaragua in the next four years.
"This collaboration includes technical advising for coaches and referees, foreign courses and even training and competition teams," Leiva said.
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists