A total of 15 weightlifters and coaches from
Nicaragua will receive up to one month of sports training in Cuba and Venezuela,
the president of the Nicaraguan Weightlifting Federation (FENILEP), Miguel
Leiva, said Thursday.
FENILEP announced the training was agreed during the resent Congress of the International Weightlifting Federation, held in Moscow.
"This training is aimed for the 2017 Central American Games to be held in Nicaragua," said Leiva.
Leiva said that in Moscow, Tamas Ajan, which is president-elect of the International Weightlifting Federation, promised to help Nicaragua in the next four years.
"This collaboration includes technical advising for coaches and referees, foreign courses and even training and competition teams," Leiva said.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time