A total of 15 weightlifters and coaches from
Nicaragua will receive up to one month of sports training in Cuba and Venezuela,
the president of the Nicaraguan Weightlifting Federation (FENILEP), Miguel
Leiva, said Thursday.
FENILEP announced the training was agreed during the resent Congress of the International Weightlifting Federation, held in Moscow.
"This training is aimed for the 2017 Central American Games to be held in Nicaragua," said Leiva.
Leiva said that in Moscow, Tamas Ajan, which is president-elect of the International Weightlifting Federation, promised to help Nicaragua in the next four years.
"This collaboration includes technical advising for coaches and referees, foreign courses and even training and competition teams," Leiva said.
Most Popular Stories
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say