Anna Kendrick is in talks to play "Cinderella" in Disney's upcoming movie musical "Into the Woods," Variety.com reported Friday.
Johnny Depp, Meryl Streep and Emily Blunt have already signed on for parts in director Rob Marshall's big-screen adaptation of Stephen Sondheim's 1987 Broadway show, which features numerous fairy tale characters, including Cinderella, Rapunzel, Cinderella, Jack Little and Red Riding Hood. The film is set for release in 2015.
Kendrick is known for her roles in the films "Up in the Air" and "Pitch Perfect."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Small Businesses Could Get Paid Faster
- Challenger Raises Bar on Muscle Cars
- Correction: North Dakota Saltwater Spill Story
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Fight Against Teacher Tenure Gains Momentum
- Perez Picks Heavily Hispanic Districts in Recount
- Infiniti Exec de Nysschen to Head Cadillac
- Economists Sharply Cut Forecasts for U.S. Growth
- NHTSA Probes Ford Steering Problems
- Reynolds, Lorillard in Merger Talks