New movies: Six (!) new movies open in Knoxville today, including: teen crime-spree drama "The Bling Ring"; eco-terrorism thriller "The East"; family comedy "Monsters University"; modern Shakespeare retelling "Much Ado About Nothing"; Bollywood romance "Raanjhanaa"; zombie-outbreak thriller "World War Z." Check out www.knoxville.com for movie reviews and showtimes.
Cool flick: The Tennessee Theatre's "Summer Movie Magic" film series begins today with a showing of the classic movie "Jaws" at 8 p.m. at the Tennessee Theatre, 604 S. Gay St. Admission is $8 adults, $6 for children and seniors. More info: www.tennesseetheatre.com.
Kuumba parade: The Kuumba Festival continues today with the annual Junkanu parade, which begins at 6 p.m. at the corner of Cumberland Avenue and Market Street. The parade will follow Market Street and end at Market Square with music and more festivities.
Special appearance: Female impersonator Chad Michaels, winner of "RuPaul's Drag Race All-Stars," will appear at 8 p.m. today at The Edge, 7211 Kingston Pike. Admission is $10.
TV special report: From 8-9 p.m. on Monday, June 24, tune into Channel 12 on Comcast in Knoxville for a "Community Reports Special." The program, hosted by Charles Frazier, will feature City Councilman Daniel Brown, longtime Knoxville resident James Wright and Dewey Roberts Jr., former head of the local NAACP and acting director of the Beck Cultural Exchange Center.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- Eric Garcia Appointed as Revenue Chief
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Volatility No Reason to Bail on Stock Market
- Cuba Deploys More Medicos in Ebola Fight