Baye Slappy sings Otis Redding's "The Dock of the Bay" with the Stax Music Academy Alumni Band in Studio A as part of National Black Music Month. The performances will take place Tuesdays in June from 2-4 p.m. Admission to the Stax Museum from 1 to 5 p.m. Tuesdays is free year-round to Shelby County residents with proper identification.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Ohio Couple Married 70 Years, Die 15 Hours Apart
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West