The South Florida Chapter of the Association for Corporate Growth has bestowed its 2013 Emerging Company of the Year award on Simply Healthcare, a Florida licensed statewide health maintenance organization, it was announced today.
"We are honored to receive this award . . . which lets us know that Simply Healthcare is doing things right and that our employees and our organization are being recognized for their efforts on behalf of our members and providers," Miguel B. "Mike" Fernandez, Simply Healthcare chairman, said in a statement.
With $450 million in annual revenue and 500 employees in Florida, Simply Healthcare is the largest minority-owned healthcare plan in the state. The organization serves more than 245,000 Medicaid and Medicare recipients, a figure it reached in just three years, according to a release.
The Emerging Company of the Year Award is given annually to a regional company that has exhibited consistent, sustainable and profitable growth.
Lourdes Rivas, Simply Healthcare CEO, accepted the award on behalf of the company at the annual ACG Awards dinner held June 13 in Fort Lauderdale.
Also on hand (top row, left to right) were Simply Healthcare executives Suzanne Roberts, vice president of operations; Holly Prince, CFO; Rivas (holding the award); Carlos A. Fernandez, vice president of sales and marketing; Daisy Gomez, vice president of administration; (front row, left to right) Kevin Wirges, vice president of finance; Tomas Orozco, executive vice president, South Florida market; and Marianne Finizio, executive vice president, Clear Health Alliance.
Simply Healthcare is headquartered in Coral Gables, with additional offices in Sunrise and Tampa.
ACG is a global organization with 58 chapters and over 14,000 members.
Most Popular Stories
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise