The Ford Mustang has emerged as Europe's most
desirable classic car in a online survey conducted by internet
used-car portal Autoscout 24.
The Mustang, which was introduced by the US maker in 1964 and has spawned a host of imitators, garnered 35 per cent of the votes from a total of 75,046 users canvassed between January 15 and March 15 this year.
The highest online response came from Germany, followed by France and Italy. The Mustang appealed the most to car fans in Austria and Spain.
Second place went to the distinctive wedge-shaped BMW M1, a surprise choice considering that only 460 examples of the exclusive sports-car are known to exist. Third place was taken by the Volkswagen Beetle, one of the world's all-time best-selling cars.
The AutoScout survey is now in its 11th year.
Most Popular Stories
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- Stocks Continue Strong After Opening Surge
- Teresa Giudice Must Serve Time in Prison
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux Set the Date