Kelsey Grammer and Martin Lawrence will play Chicago lawyers in a new, as-yet-unnamed comedy series, FX announced Thursday.
"Martin is arguably one of the funniest men alive and after some success in drama I thought it might be time to try my hand at comedy," Grammer said in a statement. "I am thrilled to have this extraordinary team show me the ropes. All kidding aside, I don't think a better bunch of talent exists; I am honored and blessed."
"I am excited to be returning to TV and to be working with Kelsey. We have a great time together, so I am looking forward to making a good show with a lot of laughs," Lawrence said.
TVGuide.com said the cable television network ordered 10 episodes of the show, but if those hit a certain ratings benchmark, an additional 90 episodes will be produced at an accelerated rate.
Grammer was most recently seen in the drama series "Boss," but he is best known for his work on the long-running sitcoms "Frasier" and "Cheers."
Lawrence starred in the TV comedy "Martin" and the "Bad Boys" movies.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Google Kid Accounts Plan Raises Worries
- Rising Freight Prices Signal Global Recovery
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan
- Islamic Militant in James Foley Beheading Video May Be English