OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 06/20/13 -- The Honourable Tony Clement, President of the Treasury Board, today welcomed Royal Assent of the Supply Bills for the 2013-14 Main Estimates (Bill C-63) and the Supplementary Estimates (A), 2013-14 (Bill C-64).
"With these Supply Bills signed into law, we will deliver the funds needed to continue delivering the programs and services Canadians expect," said Minister Clement.
These bills, now approved by Parliament and having received Royal Assent, have become law in the form of appropriation acts. Appropriation acts are the vehicle through which payments from the Consolidated Revenue Fund are authorized for government programs and services.
These two appropriation acts deliver the balance of the $87.1 billion in voted appropriations in the Main Estimates, as well as $1.1 billion in voted appropriations requested by 16 organizations through this year's Supplementary Estimates (A).
IF THERE IS A DISCREPANCY BETWEEN ANY PRINTED VERSION AND THE ELECTRONIC VERSION OF THIS NEWS RELEASE, THE ELECTRONIC VERSION WILL PREVAIL.
TTY (telecommunications device for the hearing impaired) - 613-957-9090
This news release is available at www.tbs-sct.gc.ca.
Follow us on Twitter: @TBS_Canada
Office of the President of the Treasury Board
and Minister responsible for FedNor
Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- At Groupon, Not a Good Deal of Workplace Diversity
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Porn Lovers Get a New Search Engine
- Utah Hosts US Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Meeting
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips