PickupTrucks.com announced that the Ford F-150 has taken the title as the winner
of the site's Light-Duty Pickup Truck Challenge.
According to a release, the challenge put six of the most popular light-duty trucks head-to-head in a series of tests. The six trucks tested were the 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, Ford F-150, 2014 GMC Sierra 1500, Nissan Titan, Ram 1500 and the 2013 Toyota Tundra.
"The F-150 is the best-selling half-ton truck in the U.S., and after conducting this testing, it's no surprise why," said Mark Williams, PickupTrucks.com editor. "It was a tight contest, with the Ford, Ram, and GMC finishing close together, but the F-150's performance and capability gave it an edge. Shoppers looking for a new half-ton in this competitive truck market have several great options and should consider which one best meets their needs."
Experts from PickupTrucks.com and Popular Mechanics teamed up to put the six trucks through four grueling days of tests to determine which one was the ultimate light-duty truck. "The tests were extensive," said Williams. "We wanted to make sure to account for everything that would be important to truck shoppers; from features and comfort to brute strength and towing capabilities, we covered it all."
-Evaluation of interior quality, layout and features, and exterior quality, finish and features
-Value for the money
-Acceleration and brake testing, empty, with a 1,200-pound payload and towing 8,500 pounds
-Hill climb ability, both empty and towing 8,500 pounds
-Autocross to test handling, both empty and with a 1,000-pound payload
-180-mile drive to test for fuel economy both empty and towing
"As the economy continues to rebound, pickup trucks are again becoming major players in the market, with pickups making big gains so far in 2013," said Williams. "Light-duty trucks are among the most popular best-selling vehicles, and that's why we felt this was such an important group of trucks to test to help shoppers as they navigate through the many available options."
((Comments on this story may be sent to email@example.com))
Most Popular Stories
- Congress Passes Law Promoting Transparency Reconstruction of Haiti
- UFC Fight Night Sees Robbie Lawler Win Unanimous Decision
- Four DC Comics Properties Brought to TV Get Comic-Con Event
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy ' Sequel Slated for 2017
- Plan to Simplify 2015 Health Renewals May Backfire
- Desktop, Laptop Setups Still King
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows
- Google Confirms $1B Acquisition of Twitch.tv
- Demand for Fair Trade Brings Big Opportunity, Clear Conscience
- Zillow in Reported $2B Bid for Real Estate Rival Trulia