FOLLOWING the success of their UK tour in 2012, musical theatre star Kerry Ellis and Queen guitarist Brian May are reunited on a new tour, again supporting the world-famous Born Free Foundation, which sees them returning to Birmingham for a show on June 24.
This concert is an elegantly stripped back acoustic performance by candlelight, fusing the beauty of Ellis' voice with May's awe- inspiring guitar performances.
Ellis was the creator of the role of Meat in the Queen musical We Will Rock You, and went on to become a sensation on both sides of the Atlantic starring as Elphaba in the musical Wicked. Throughout this time, May and Ellis maintained a special musical partnership, with May producing Ellis' debut album Anthems in 2010.
The duo have also previously performed together at BBC Proms in the Park and The Night of 1,000 Voices, as well as opening the Remembrance Day concert at the Royal Albert Hall.
Their stunning shows prompted The Sun to remark that Ellis and May 'pack enough energy to blow the roof off '. Birmingham Town Hall, June 24, Victoria Square, Birmingham, B3 3DQ, 0121 780 3333, www.thsh.co.uk.
Kerry Ellis will be joined on tour by Queen legend Brian May.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- GM to Stop Making Autos in Australia
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- How to Survive a Subzero Stranding
- It's Primary Time in Texas
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia