Not only will you not be shushed if you warble along with "Do-Re- Mi,"but you're actually encouraged to belt out the von Trapp kids' partsat the Bergen County Players' production of "The Sing-Along Sound of Music."
TELL ME MORE: The show, conceived and directed by Steve Bell, is a compressed one-hour concert sing-along adaptation of the classic show, which has been a hit on both Broadway and the big screen. (It was, of course, based on the memoir of postulant-turned-nanny- turned-stepmother Maria von Trapp.) BCP's "The Sing-Along Sound of Music" encourages audience members to come dressed in the costume of their favorite character -- be it a nun, a baroness, or perhaps a rich child wearing onetime draperies as playwear? -- and even to come onstage to take part in the wedding processional. The show's cast includes Sarah Feinmark of Hawthorne (as Maria), Cheryl Woertz of Alpine (the Mother Abbess) and Chris McVey of Ho-Ho-Kus (the Captain). This is the final production of the 80th season of BCP, a non-Equity, non-profit community theater company founded in 1932.
DETAILS: The Little Firehouse Theatre, 298 Kinderkamack Road. $10 per person. 201-261-4200 or bcplayers.org.
-- Virginia Rohan
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing
- Boehner Says No to Palin's Call for Impeachment
- Judge Strikes Down Colo. Gay Marriage Ban
- FOMC Minutes From June 17 Meeting: Full Text
- Libyan Production Pushes Brent Crude Below $109
- UAW Will Take Another Swing at VW Chattanooga
- U.S. Wholesalers Cut Stockpiles as Sales Weaken
- Warren G. Harding's Spicy Love Letters to Be Released
- Kerry Calls for Calm in Gaza