Carmaker Volvo is planning to boost its popular On Call smartphone app in order to help absent-minded drivers locate mislaid car keys.
The car key locater came top of the list of suggestions from users canvassed by the company for features they would like to see incorporated in the app. Volvo is currently evaluating the proposals
In order to find inspiration for further development projects, Chinese-owned Volvo said it used crowd-sourcing on Facebook. People around the world could share and vote for their favorite feature idea on the social media site.
Current features in the On Call app include checking whether the car is secure (if not, users can lock the doors remotely), locating the vehicle on a map - this is useful if someone is parked in an unfamiliar city.
Owners can also see the fuel level, average fuel consumption, mileage and trip metric data, plus basic maintenance details such as bulb faults, windscreen washer fluid, brake fluid, oil and coolant levels. The Volvo On Call App is available in 16 countries.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Mo'Ne Davis a Big Winner Despite Loss
- DHS Warns Retailers About Malware in Cash Registers
- Hackers Get Homeland Security Employee Records