June 19--Multi award-winning family group The Hoppers is bringing gospel music to Northern California next week with a stop at Crossroads Community Church in Yuba City during its "Something Good" tour.
The family singing group is performing at 7 p.m. Wednesday, with doors opening at 6 p.m., at 445 B St.
Admission is free, with donations accepted.
The group, based in Tennessee, has performed a few times at the Yuba City church over the years on their trips to the West Coast.
"We're always excited to do" the concert, said Pastor Jim Clark of Crossroads Church.
"They're bringing up the whole band, unusual for them," he added. The singers are usually accompanied by prerecorded music, Clark said.
The band, with about seven members, will include guitars and drums, Clark said. The singers will also play musical instruments, he noted. "They can play everything."
The Hoppers include Claude and Connie Hopper; their sons Mike and Dean; and Dean's wife, Kim.
Originally formed in 1957 in Madison, N.C., the group has grown for decades and has performed throughout the United States and in Israel, Europe and Africa.
Kim Hopper is a member of nationally acclaimed musical family The Greenes.
The Hoppers were inducted into the Gospel Music Association Gospel Music Hall of Fame in 2012, with their recordings frequently appearing near the top of the Billboard sales charts and The Singing News radio charts.
CONTACT Leticia Gutierrez at 749-4770 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
(c)2013 the Appeal-Democrat (Marysville, Calif.)
Visit the Appeal-Democrat (Marysville, Calif.) at www.appeal-democrat.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Microsoft's Cloud Platform Shines
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu