LOS ANGELES -- James Gandolfini's fans and colleagues shared reaction to his death Wednesday in Italy. He was 51:
_ "He was a genius. Anyone who saw him even in the smallest of his performances knows that. He is one of the greatest actors of this or any time. A great deal of that genius resided in those sad eyes. He was my partner. ... He was my brother in ways I can't explain and never will be able to explain." _ David Chase, creator of "The Sopranos."
_ "Fifty-one and leaves a kid _ he was newly married. His son is fatherless now ... It's way too young." _ Joe Gannascoli, who played Vito Spatafore on "The Sopranos."
_ "The great James Gandolfini passed away today. Only 51. I can't believe it." _ Bette Midler on Twitter.
_ "James Gandolfini what a nice guy, so funny and sweet. He will be sorely missed. Our deepest condolences to his family." _ Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry on Twitter.
_ "I am heartbroken about James Gandolfini. He was a gentle giant and great man. I love this picture, I loved him." _ Actress Rose McGowan, who posted a snapshot of her and Gandolfini on Twitter.
_ "You will be missed greatly James Gandolfini Maybe best actor ever on a tv series. Salute'" _ Comedian Artie Lange on Twitter.
_ "awful awful news. James Gandolfini will be missed. He was a great actor. Just great." _ Mia Farrow on Twitter.
_"My thoughts and prayers go out to James Gandolfini's family. An extraordinary actor. RIP, Mr. Gandolfini." _ Robin Williams.
_ "R.I.P. James Gandolfini. Such a great actor. More than just tony soprano and that would have been a lot on its own." _ Musician Rob Thomas on Twitter.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States
- Podesta Likely to Reject Keystone XL
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal