Police investigating the slaying of a Boston man questioned New England Patriots
tight end Aaron Hernandez, Sports Illustrated reported Tuesday.
Citing a source it did not name, the publication said Massachusetts State Police questioned Hernandez regarding with the death of a 27-year-old man whose body was found Monday not far from Hernandez's home in suburban North Attleboro, Mass.
The report indicated police have drawn a link between a 2013 Chevrolet Suburban rented in Hernandez's name and the slaying of the unidentified man.
The source said the three-year NFL veteran isn't considered a suspect in the death, adding his connection to the victim remained unclear.
Hernandez, selected to the 2011 Pro Bowl, was limited to 10 games last year due to injuries, making 51 catches for 483 yards and five touchdowns.
He hauled down 79 passes for 910 receiving yards and seven TDs in 2011.
Most Popular Stories
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- U.S. Stocks Rise on Sysco Acquisition
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- Tech Giants Call for Controls on Government Snooping