US President Barack Obama said Wednesday in Berlin
he would work to close the controversial prison in Guantanamo Bay,
"We must move beyond the mindset of perpetual war, and in America, that means redoubling our efforts to close the prison at Guantanamo," Obama said in a major foreign policy speech at Berlin's Brandenburg Gate.
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Mexico: 'Extremely Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today
- Calif. Likes Christie, Says Tea Party's a Drag