US President Barack Obama defended Wednesday
Washington's decision to seek negotiations with the Taliban despite
protests from Afghan President Hamid Karzai.
"We still believe you've got to have a parallel track to at least look at the prospect of some sort of political reconciliation," he told a news conference in Berlin.
"President Karzai himself recognizes the need for political reconciliation."
Most Popular Stories
- Steven Sotloff Beheading Video Claimed by Islamic State
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Apple Planning to Launch Mobile Wallet
- Men Are the Big Winners in the Jobs Recovery
- Challenge to Texas Voter ID Begins
- U.S. Drones Hit al-Shabab in Somalia
- California Hispanic Chamber Picks New Chair
- Ford Is Finding Success With Its 'Unminivan'
- Durant Spurns Under Armour to Return to Nike
- Auto Industry Going Back to Bad Habits