US President Barack Obama defended Wednesday
Washington's decision to seek negotiations with the Taliban despite
protests from Afghan President Hamid Karzai.
"We still believe you've got to have a parallel track to at least look at the prospect of some sort of political reconciliation," he told a news conference in Berlin.
"President Karzai himself recognizes the need for political reconciliation."
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Mexico: 'Extremely Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today
- Wisconsin Gov. Campaign Aide Fired Over Tweets