The National Hispanic University and Canada College are partnering up to offer a four-year degree aimed at early childhood professionals who want to strengthen their knowledge and skills while working in the field, NHU announced.
"As early childhood programs and schools become more diverse, there is a growing demand for culturally and linguistically responsive professionals who can inspire and engage young learners and their parents," David P. Lopez, president of NHU, said in a statement.
"Early childhood education is among the largest academic programs on our campus," said Lawrence Buckley, Canada College president.
Many of the college's approximately 500 early childhood education students "are juggling academics with families and jobs," Buckley said. "Offering the convenience of earning a bachelor's degree without leaving the Canada campus provides them a wonderful opportunity."
Canada College students who are near graduation or have completed their associate degree in early childhood education can enroll in NHU's child development program and complete their bachelor's degree on Canada's campus.
The degree is structured to meet the State of California Child Development Permit Matrix requirements for employment in preschools, child development centers and after-school sites, according to the release.
NHU is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). Canada College, a public community college in Redwood City, Calif., has one of the highest transfer rates to four-year colleges and universities of any community college in the state.
SOURCE The National Hispanic University
Most Popular Stories
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Senators Reach Deal on Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO
- Deborah Hersman Quits NTSB
- Biden Considers Mediation in Venezuela
- Swedish Journalist Nils Horner Shot Dead in Kabul
- Bob Crow Remembered as Shrewd Champion of Union Workers
- 'Titanfall' XBox Debut Has Microsoft Fired Up
- Job Openings Less Than Expected in January
- El Empleo Rebota: La Columna Cohen