A CARMARTHEN-BASED theatre company is bringing a TV favourite to the stage.
Just Good Friends theatre company is amidst preparations for a production of The Vicar of Dibley.
The amateur theatre group performed its first show way back in 2002 and many of the usual faces are once again taking part.
Members are balancing their weeknight rehearsals at The Glyndwr on Queen Street with their daytime jobs. Director Sian Morris says that cast members are having a whale of a time preparing for this comic show.
The Vicar of Dibley was originally a British sitcom starring Dawn French, who played the role of the first female vicar to arrive in Dibley, meeting an array of eccentric members of the community.
This production is set to be a rib-tickling show with plenty of humour and risque jokes from the well-known characters of the parish.
Rhian Owen is taking on the part of Geraldine Granger, played on the small screen by Dawn French.
Sian says although the stage version is slightly different to the television series, the cast is aiming to reproduce the characters as the audience would expect.
Just Good Friends chose The Vicar of Dibley as they specialise in comedies.
Our aim is to make audiences leave with a smile on their face and The Vicar of Dibley is a popular, humorous show so it seemed like a good choice, she said.
Just Good Friends will present The Vicar of Dibley at St Peter's Civic Hall on July 24, 25 and 26.
Tickets are selling fast so to book your place contact 01267 237386.
Tickets are Pounds 8 for adults and Pounds 6 for concessions.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Hackers Get Homeland Security Employee Records
- Mo'Ne Davis a Big Winner Despite Loss
- Advocacy Group Calls for Chrysler Probe
- DHS Warns Retailers About Malware in Cash Registers
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map