SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/19/13 -- Prima BioMed Ltd (ASX: PRR) (NASDAQ: PBMD) (ISIN: US74154B2034) ("Prima," the "Company") today announced that the abstract titled "Clinical study of autologous dendritic cell therapy targeting mucin 1 for treatment of ovarian cancer patients in first remission" has been selected by the European Cancer Congress Scientific Committee for oral presentation at its 2013 annual meeting in Amsterdam. Clinical and immunological data from the CAN-003 study will be presented.
The lead author, Dr. Jeffrey Goh will deliver the oral presentation during the Gynecological Cancer session that starts at 9:00am, Central European Time, on October 1st, 2013. The exact time and location of Dr. Goh's presentation will be made available closer to the conference date.
Dr. Goh, the CAN-003 study team, Dr. Sharron Gargosky, and Dr. Heidi Gray are the authors of the abstract. CAN-003 is a 63-patient phase 2 study evaluating the effect of CVac on progression free and overall survival, as well as safety and immune responses, in patients in remission after first line treatment for epithelial ovarian cancer. Interim data from the CAN-003 trial, presented in October and November 2012, demonstrated positive trends in progression free survival and immune responses.
About Prima BioMed
Prima BioMed is a globally active leader in the development of personalized bio-therapeutic products for cancer. Prima is dedicated to leveraging its technology and expertise to bring innovative treatment options to market for patients and to maximize value to shareholders. Prima's lead product is CVac, an autologous dendritic cell-based product currently in clinical trials for ovarian cancer patients in remission and soon to be in trials for additional cancer types.
For further information please contact:
Ms. Jessica Brown
Prima BioMed Ltd.
+1 (919) 710-9061
Mr. James Moses
+61 (0) 420 991 574
Mr. Axel Muhlhaus
+49 (0) 69 905505-52
Most Popular Stories
- FAA to Appeal Court Decision Allowing Commercial Drone Use
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time