OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 06/18/13 -- The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) wants to warn citizens of possible phone-scam fraud. The CBSA has recently learned that persons purporting to be employed at the CBSA's Border Information Service have been calling Canadians and requesting personal information and payment over the phone.
The CBSA BIS call centre is a free information service for general enquiries regarding CBSA procedures, programs and services. This unit is not designed nor is it mandated to make phone calls requesting personal information or payment over the phone.
Should citizens be contacted by anyone claiming to be a CBSA officer working at the BIS, they should immediately call the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre toll free at 1-888-495-8501.
For more information on the CBSA and its services, please visit our Web site at www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca.
Follow us on Twitter (@CanBorder), join us on Facebook or visit our YouTube channel.
Canada Border Services Agency
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays