June 18--NBC Sports network is airing the 1986 film "The Color of Money," which airs at 8 p.m. today. The film stars Paul Newman, Tom Cruise, Helen Shaver and Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio.
Here is a short quiz about the actors and the film.
1. What sport is featured in the film?
2. Newman reprised his role as Eddie Felson from which 1961 film?
3. The film received one Academy Award. Name it.
4. In "The Hustler," Felson challenged this long-time champion to a single high-stakes match. Also, can you name the actor who portrayed the champion?
5. Newman is no stranger to sports films. He starred in which boxing film based on the life of Rocky Marciano?
6. Cruise also starred in a sports film based on auto racing. Name the film and his character.
7. Mastrantonio joined the cast as Capt. Zoe Callas of which long-running TV series in 2010?
8. Who directed "The Color of Money?"
9. This actress starred as Libby Chapin in which 1980 TV series?
10. Newman also provided the voice to an old-time race car in "Cars." Name his character.
Answers: 1. Pool, or billiards. 2. "The Hustler." 3. Best Actor in a Leading Role (Paul Newman). 4. Minnesota Fats was played by Jackie Gleason. 5. "Somebody Up There Likes Me" (1956). 6. Cruise starred in "Days of Thunder" (1990) as Cole Trickle. 7. "Law & Order: Criminal Intent." 8. Martin Scorsese. 9. "United States." 10. Doc Hudson.
(c)2013 The News-Sentinel (Fort Wayne, Ind.)
Visit The News-Sentinel (Fort Wayne, Ind.) at www.news-sentinel.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- 3 Shot Dead in Venezuela Unrest
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- Better Pay Means Bigger Profits: Strategist
- Several Texas Cities Top Job Search List
- Senate Committee OKs Bill to Sanction Russia
- Wall Street Rally Heads Off 3rd Day of Decline
- G7 Presses Russia to Pull Troops Out of Crimea
- Obama's 'Between Two Ferns' Appearance Has Conservatives Upset