June 18--NBC Sports network is airing the 1986 film "The Color of Money," which airs at 8 p.m. today. The film stars Paul Newman, Tom Cruise, Helen Shaver and Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio.
Here is a short quiz about the actors and the film.
1. What sport is featured in the film?
2. Newman reprised his role as Eddie Felson from which 1961 film?
3. The film received one Academy Award. Name it.
4. In "The Hustler," Felson challenged this long-time champion to a single high-stakes match. Also, can you name the actor who portrayed the champion?
5. Newman is no stranger to sports films. He starred in which boxing film based on the life of Rocky Marciano?
6. Cruise also starred in a sports film based on auto racing. Name the film and his character.
7. Mastrantonio joined the cast as Capt. Zoe Callas of which long-running TV series in 2010?
8. Who directed "The Color of Money?"
9. This actress starred as Libby Chapin in which 1980 TV series?
10. Newman also provided the voice to an old-time race car in "Cars." Name his character.
Answers: 1. Pool, or billiards. 2. "The Hustler." 3. Best Actor in a Leading Role (Paul Newman). 4. Minnesota Fats was played by Jackie Gleason. 5. "Somebody Up There Likes Me" (1956). 6. Cruise starred in "Days of Thunder" (1990) as Cole Trickle. 7. "Law & Order: Criminal Intent." 8. Martin Scorsese. 9. "United States." 10. Doc Hudson.
(c)2013 The News-Sentinel (Fort Wayne, Ind.)
Visit The News-Sentinel (Fort Wayne, Ind.) at www.news-sentinel.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- Californians Want to Legalize Marijuana
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia
- Budget Deal Sets Off Grumbles in Both Houses
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim