MillerCoors has picked Casanova Pendrill Inc. as its new advertising agency in charge of reaching the Hispanic market for its Miller Lite brand.
Casanova Pendrill will now be tasked with developing a new marketing strategy and campaign aimed at capturing the increasing Hispanic demographic in the country.
The move comes after MillerCoors and Houston-based Lopez Negrete Communications decided to part ways in March after a seven-year advertising relationship. Casanova Pendrill will now be in charge of an estimated advertising budget of $100 million that will attempt to appeal to the growing Hispanic demographic.
Because of the increasing population and the beer consumption rate of the demographic, Hispanics have emerged as a critical target for American beer companies, with Miller Lite making it a top priority to appeal to Hispanics in its attempt to grow the brand, analysts said.
Casanova Pendrill is part of Interpublic Group's McCann Worldgroup in New York, which also is in charge of media buying for MillerCoors through, Initiative, another unit of Interpublic Group.
Casanova Pendrill, whose other clients include the Ad Council, General Mills, Nestlé and the restaurant chain Denny's, is the 16th-largest U.S. Hispanic ad agency and boasts $13 million in revenue, according to Ad Age. The
Costa Mesa, Calif., agency was one of five other agencies that expressed an interest in representing MillerCoors.
Casanova will begin work on the new campaign immediately.
Most Popular Stories
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Cuba Deploys More Medicos in Ebola Fight
- Volatility No Reason to Bail on Stock Market
- Samsung Phones Cleared For U.S. Government Use
- Disney's Animated Feature 'Moana' Slated for 2016 Release