MillerCoors has picked Casanova Pendrill Inc. as its new advertising agency in charge of reaching the Hispanic market for its Miller Lite brand.
Casanova Pendrill will now be tasked with developing a new marketing strategy and campaign aimed at capturing the increasing Hispanic demographic in the country.
The move comes after MillerCoors and Houston-based Lopez Negrete Communications decided to part ways in March after a seven-year advertising relationship. Casanova Pendrill will now be in charge of an estimated advertising budget of $100 million that will attempt to appeal to the growing Hispanic demographic.
Because of the increasing population and the beer consumption rate of the demographic, Hispanics have emerged as a critical target for American beer companies, with Miller Lite making it a top priority to appeal to Hispanics in its attempt to grow the brand, analysts said.
Casanova Pendrill is part of Interpublic Group's McCann Worldgroup in New York, which also is in charge of media buying for MillerCoors through, Initiative, another unit of Interpublic Group.
Casanova Pendrill, whose other clients include the Ad Council, General Mills, Nestlé and the restaurant chain Denny's, is the 16th-largest U.S. Hispanic ad agency and boasts $13 million in revenue, according to Ad Age. The
Costa Mesa, Calif., agency was one of five other agencies that expressed an interest in representing MillerCoors.
Casanova will begin work on the new campaign immediately.
Most Popular Stories
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- 'Twilight's' Kristen Stewart Captures Work of Guantánamo Guards in 'Camp X-Ray'
- Holdout Files New Complaint Against Argentina Over Defaulted Debt
- Weight Loss Claim for Green Coffee Beans Doesn't Hold Water
- Stock Market Seesaw Gives Investors Pause
- Toyota Camry: Designed in Michigan
- Beepi Eases Peer-to-peer Auto Sales
- Mexico's Pemex Reports Loss
- US Tallying, Targeting IS Funding Sources
- Market on Track for Best Week in 2 Years