Los Angeles police interviewed pop singer Justin Bieber for a possible
hit-and-run outside of the Laugh Factory in Hollywood on Monday night.
Police talked to the teenage heartthrob after receiving reports of a car accident involving a pedestrian about 11:45 p.m. in the 8800 block of Sunset Boulevard, officials said.
A preliminary investigation cleared Bieber of any wrongdoing, said Lt. Craig Valenzuela. The pedestrian claimed being hit by Bieber as the singer pulled away in his white Ferrari. The person suffered minor, non-life-threatening injuries, Valenzuela said.
The incident is just the latest in a string of Ferrari-related run-ins between Bieber and police. Last month, Bieber made headlines after neighbors in his exclusive Calabasas neighborhood accused him of driving recklessly through the area.
Los Angeles County sheriff's officials said Monday that Bieber's legal team had turned over a security video from his Calabasas home that shows that the pop star got into the car to park it inside the garage the day he was accused of driving at freeway speeds through the gated neighborhood.
They presented it as evidence that would exonerate Bieber, authorities said, but sheriff's officials say the video shows the Ferrari in the driveway with another driver and Bieber getting off a motorcycle, then getting into the sports car and parking it. The video reveals nothing about the car's drive around the neighborhood, authorities said.
Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said the decision whether to file a reckless-driving charge against the pop star will be made by the district attorney's office.
Most Popular Stories
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Brazil Braces for Street Protests at World Cup
- Boehner Hires Immigration Reform Expert
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Sprint Not Moving Headquarters to California
- Dennis Kozlowski, ex-Tyco CEO, to Be Paroled
- Healthcare.gov Update Gets Mixed Reviews
- Mexico Economy Secretary to Attend WTO Meeting
- Appeals Court Sides With Employers on Arbitration
- Miley Cyrus to Rihanna Lyrics: Top Yahoo Searches for 2013