BRAMPTON, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 06/18/13 -- Continuing the tradition of their exemplary safety record, Hydro One Brampton has reached another significant milestone - 500,000 hours without lost-time incidents within the workplace. The achievement is a result of on-going employee training and empowering employees to take responsibility for their own safety and the safety of their co-workers. Protecting employees from work-related hazards is a top priority for the organization.
A new initiative in place this year is the promotion of the "Safety Starts with Me" campaign. The campaign shares the Internal Responsibility System (IRS) principle, which makes everyone responsible for health and safety as an essential part of his or her job and puts in place an employee-employer partnership in ensuring a safe and injury free workplace.
Moreover, the company's goal is also to promote Health and Safety Environment (HSE) excellence and create a safety culture at all levels within the organization. "In order to meet our target of 0 incidents, it is imperative that we continuously update and educate our employees so they are well informed and equipped to safely perform their job. This initiative will align with our commitment to protecting the environment and ensuring the safety of our employees and customers." adds Remy Fernandes, President and CEO of Hydro One Brampton.
For more information, visit www.hydroonebrampton.com.
Hydro One Brampton is a subsidiary of Hydro One Inc. and is responsible for the safe and reliable delivery of electricity to more than 143,000 homes and businesses in Brampton.
Hydro One Brampton Networks Inc.
175 Sandalwood Pkwy West
Brampton, Ontario L7A 1E8
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict