The number of El Paso homes with foreclosure filings declined 51
percent in May compared to a year ago, new data show.
El Paso had 57 homes in some stage of foreclosure in May -- 61 fewer than in May 2012, RealtyTrac reported.
The home foreclosure filings include default notices, scheduled auctions and bank repossessions.
In Texas, the number of homes with foreclosure filings decreased 52 percent from a year ago to 5,490 homes.
In the United States, 148,054 homes were in some stage of foreclosure in May -- down 28 percent from the same period a year ago.
Most Popular Stories
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week