The number of El Paso homes with foreclosure filings declined 51
percent in May compared to a year ago, new data show.
El Paso had 57 homes in some stage of foreclosure in May -- 61 fewer than in May 2012, RealtyTrac reported.
The home foreclosure filings include default notices, scheduled auctions and bank repossessions.
In Texas, the number of homes with foreclosure filings decreased 52 percent from a year ago to 5,490 homes.
In the United States, 148,054 homes were in some stage of foreclosure in May -- down 28 percent from the same period a year ago.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Hamas Claims Gaza Ceasefire as Victory Over Israel