The number of El Paso homes with foreclosure filings declined 51
percent in May compared to a year ago, new data show.
El Paso had 57 homes in some stage of foreclosure in May -- 61 fewer than in May 2012, RealtyTrac reported.
The home foreclosure filings include default notices, scheduled auctions and bank repossessions.
In Texas, the number of homes with foreclosure filings decreased 52 percent from a year ago to 5,490 homes.
In the United States, 148,054 homes were in some stage of foreclosure in May -- down 28 percent from the same period a year ago.
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- LivePro Is a Mobile Hot Spot, Projector in One
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- U.S. Economy Grows at Fastest Pace in 10 Years
- Jerry Brown Favors More Shelters for Immigrant Kids
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention