The number of El Paso homes with foreclosure filings declined 51
percent in May compared to a year ago, new data show.
El Paso had 57 homes in some stage of foreclosure in May -- 61 fewer than in May 2012, RealtyTrac reported.
The home foreclosure filings include default notices, scheduled auctions and bank repossessions.
In Texas, the number of homes with foreclosure filings decreased 52 percent from a year ago to 5,490 homes.
In the United States, 148,054 homes were in some stage of foreclosure in May -- down 28 percent from the same period a year ago.
Most Popular Stories
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- FCC May Allow Companies to Pay for Internet Priority
- NRA Seeks Universal Concealed Carry Permits
- Money Market Fund Assets up by $7.32 Billion
- Pols Back Away From Bundy After Racist Statements
- First-time Jobless Claims Jump by 24,000
- Durable Goods Orders Rose More Than Expected
- Putin Says Internet Is CIA Plot
- Freshman Senators Speak Out on Foreign Policy
- Hillary Clinton to UConn: 'Take a Stand'