The number of El Paso homes with foreclosure filings declined 51
percent in May compared to a year ago, new data show.
El Paso had 57 homes in some stage of foreclosure in May -- 61 fewer than in May 2012, RealtyTrac reported.
The home foreclosure filings include default notices, scheduled auctions and bank repossessions.
In Texas, the number of homes with foreclosure filings decreased 52 percent from a year ago to 5,490 homes.
In the United States, 148,054 homes were in some stage of foreclosure in May -- down 28 percent from the same period a year ago.
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006