The number of El Paso homes with foreclosure filings declined 51
percent in May compared to a year ago, new data show.
El Paso had 57 homes in some stage of foreclosure in May -- 61 fewer than in May 2012, RealtyTrac reported.
The home foreclosure filings include default notices, scheduled auctions and bank repossessions.
In Texas, the number of homes with foreclosure filings decreased 52 percent from a year ago to 5,490 homes.
In the United States, 148,054 homes were in some stage of foreclosure in May -- down 28 percent from the same period a year ago.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Obama Seeks Traction From Economic Recovery
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry