The number of El Paso homes with foreclosure filings declined 51
percent in May compared to a year ago, new data show.
El Paso had 57 homes in some stage of foreclosure in May -- 61 fewer than in May 2012, RealtyTrac reported.
The home foreclosure filings include default notices, scheduled auctions and bank repossessions.
In Texas, the number of homes with foreclosure filings decreased 52 percent from a year ago to 5,490 homes.
In the United States, 148,054 homes were in some stage of foreclosure in May -- down 28 percent from the same period a year ago.
Most Popular Stories
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids