The number of El Paso homes with foreclosure filings declined 51
percent in May compared to a year ago, new data show.
El Paso had 57 homes in some stage of foreclosure in May -- 61 fewer than in May 2012, RealtyTrac reported.
The home foreclosure filings include default notices, scheduled auctions and bank repossessions.
In Texas, the number of homes with foreclosure filings decreased 52 percent from a year ago to 5,490 homes.
In the United States, 148,054 homes were in some stage of foreclosure in May -- down 28 percent from the same period a year ago.
Most Popular Stories
- Illegal Immigration Near Historic Low, Despite What You May Have Heard
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Ford: New F-150 Is No Lightweight
- Gasoline Costs Drive Consumer Price Increases
- Saudi Arabia Will Open Stock Market to Foreigners
- Durbin Drubs Walgreen for Possible Tax Dodge
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Russians Fed Steady Diet of Conspiracy Theories
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild