The number of El Paso homes with foreclosure filings declined 51
percent in May compared to a year ago, new data show.
El Paso had 57 homes in some stage of foreclosure in May -- 61 fewer than in May 2012, RealtyTrac reported.
The home foreclosure filings include default notices, scheduled auctions and bank repossessions.
In Texas, the number of homes with foreclosure filings decreased 52 percent from a year ago to 5,490 homes.
In the United States, 148,054 homes were in some stage of foreclosure in May -- down 28 percent from the same period a year ago.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Plugs ACA on Zach Galifianakis Show
- Why New Workers Can't Get Ahead
- Senate Dems Pull All-Nighter on Global Warming
- Rand Paul Takes Pot Shot at Ted Cruz
- Dianne Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying on Congress
- 'The Bachelor' Juan Pablo Picks His Love
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Snowden Urges Silicon Valley to Resist Internet Spying
- FBI Helping Ukraine Recover Stolen Billions
- Miley Cyrus Performs in Undies After Costume Goes Missing