The number of El Paso homes with foreclosure filings declined 51
percent in May compared to a year ago, new data show.
El Paso had 57 homes in some stage of foreclosure in May -- 61 fewer than in May 2012, RealtyTrac reported.
The home foreclosure filings include default notices, scheduled auctions and bank repossessions.
In Texas, the number of homes with foreclosure filings decreased 52 percent from a year ago to 5,490 homes.
In the United States, 148,054 homes were in some stage of foreclosure in May -- down 28 percent from the same period a year ago.
Most Popular Stories
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez Dies at 87
- Judge Tells Dad to Quit Emailing His Kids in All Caps
- Michaels Data Breach May Affect 2.6 Million Cards
- Chipotle Plans First Price Rise in 3 Years
- Legalize Marijuana But Not Hard Drugs, Say Americans
- Natural Gas Shoots Up on Bullish Stockpile Report
- 'Boats 'N Hoes' PAC Sunk by Complaint
- Naya Rivera and Lea Michele: The 'Glee' Fight That Never Was?