STONEWALL, MANITOBA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/18/13 -- Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC) applauds the Government of Canada for their commitment to support the protection, restoration and rebuilding of recreational fisheries habitat through the Recreational Fisheries Conservation Partnerships Program.
Parliamentary Secretary Randy Kamp and Member of Parliament Robert Sopuck made the announcement today on behalf of Keith Ashfield, Minister of Fisheries and Oceans. The Government will make available $10 million over two years to support conservation activities through partnerships with local groups who will undertake a variety of projects to restore and protect recreational fisheries habitat.
"Ducks Unlimited Canada is pleased that the Government of Canada is continuing its investment in fish habitat. Wetlands are critical habitat to many of our fish and wildlife resources and this partnership program directly addresses habitat protection, mitigation and restoration as a critical part of supporting healthy fish stocks in Canada, said Greg Siekaniec, CEO of DUC.
DUC, celebrating 75 years of conservation excellence in Canada in 2013, is supported by approximately 140,000 Canadians who rely on organizations like DUC to protect our wetlands and waterways.
DUC is pleased to support the Government of Canada's ongoing efforts to conserve wetland habitats that support Canada's recreational fisheries. DUC's wetland conservation projects provide vital support for fish passage, spawning and recreational angling right across this country. These publicly accessible projects are available for all Canadians to enjoy today and tomorrow.
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC) is the leader in wetland conservation. A registered charity, DUC partners with government, industry, non-profit organizations and landowners to conserve wetlands that are critical to waterfowl, wildlife and the environment. Learn more at ducks.ca.
Ducks Unlimited Canada
Director of Government Affairs
(613) 565-2525 or Cel: (613) 612-4468
Most Popular Stories
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- Cuba Deploys More Medicos in Ebola Fight
- Volatility No Reason to Bail on Stock Market
- Samsung Phones Cleared For U.S. Government Use
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Disney's Animated Feature 'Moana' Slated for 2016 Release