LAGUNA BEACH, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/18/13 -- The City of Laguna Beach is seeking applications from qualified artists to undertake a $60,000 sculpture installation for the new Lifeguard Headquarters Facility currently under construction at Main Beach in Laguna Beach.
The City of Laguna Beach is constructing a new Lifeguard Headquarters Facility which includes public restrooms. The construction is subject to the City's Art in Public Places requirement to install public art. Main Beach Park and the location of the Lifeguard Headquarters Facility is in a centrally located site and is one of the City's five ocean front parks. The project site is located at 175 North Coast Highway, near the west end of Main Beach where the sea and cliff begins. The area has high pedestrian traffic with beach use, and beach and park recreation activities, both active and passive.
The Arts Commission is seeking a written proposal, qualifications, images of previous work and references from an artist or artist team who reside in the United States. The sculpture must be inspired by the theme of the ocean and lifeguards. The sculpture cannot exceed 3' in height by 25' in length and should be representational, incorporating figurative elements. The Commission is seeking applications from artists with proven experience in public art. The deadline for submissions is Monday, July 15, 2013. All applications must be made on-line at www.lagunabeachcity.slideroom.com
Information on site and entry requirements is available at www.lagunabeachcity.net on the Cultural Arts Department page or contact email@example.com to request a prospectus.
Cultural Arts Manager
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- Three Americans on Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane: State Department
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Samsung Launches Milk Music