AUBURN -- Auburn Community Band's Wednesday night summer concert series schedule:
June 19: "Spring into Summer" featuring many new songs added to the band's repertoire during this past winter's rehearsal season.
June 26: "Forgotten But Unforgettable" an evening of music nostalgia under the stars.
July 3: "An Evening of Patriotic Music" featuring spirited marches and patriotic songs, including a salute to each branch of the nation's armed forces.
July 10 : "Songs that Bridge Generations" featuring songs from the Wizard of Oz, Phantom of the Opera, and stars Frank Sinatra, Michael Buble and Henry Mancini.
July 17: "It's Showtime" featuring a collection of memorable tunes from both Broadway and the big screen.
July 24: "Let's Dance" featuring five decades of dancing music including big band, Motown and
rock and roll.
July 31 : "The Hits Musicians Made Famous" featuring hit songs popularized by Ray Charles, Elton John, Phil Collins, Michael Jackson, Elvis and Basie.
August 7: "Songs of Sensational Groups" featuring ever-popular tunes by Earth, Wind and Fire, the Doors, Chicago, ABBA, Queen, Journey and the Four Seasons.
August 14 : "Take Two" an opportunity to hear highlights from the band's eight weekly concerts presented earlier in the summer.
August 21 : "The Auburn Community Concert Band's Greatest Hits" featuring some of this group's best known and most requested songs from their past 31 seasons.
All concerts are at 7 p.m. Wednesday at Festival Plaza, Main St. For more information, call the 207-333-6601 ext. 2108, or visit www.auburncommunityband.com.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- Ohio Couple Married 70 Years, Die 15 Hours Apart
- Fiat Chrysler to Build 3 Jeeps in China
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West
- Hawaii is Genetically Engineered Crop Flash Point