Who loves haggis?: Marvel at the competitions in heavy sports, Highland dancing and even frozen haggis tossing at the 27th Annual Scottish Festival & Highland Games at Hamilton Lakes, Thorndale Avenue and Route 53, Itasca. Don't miss the whiskey tastings and bagpipe and drummer show. $12-$20; $5 parking. (708) 447-5092 or . 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. today.
King of Swing: Buddy Guy headlines the Blues on the Fox Outdoor Music Festival at the new venue known as RiverEdge Park, 360 N. Broadway St., Aurora. $10-$30. (630) 896-6666 or . Starts at 3 p.m. today.
Comedy legend: Bob Newhart is still making audiences laugh at age 83. See him as part of the TBS Just for Laughs Chicago festival at the Chicago Theatre, 175 N. State St., Chicago. $43-$69. (312) 462- 6300 or . 7 p.m. today.
Plethora of Porsches: Admire the wonders of German auto engineering at the Porsche Club Concours near Old McHenry Road in Long Grove. Free. (847) 634-0888 or . 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Sunday.
Trolley time: Fathers, stepfathers, grandfathers and great- grandfathers can board a trolley for free in honor of Father's Day at the Fox River Trolley Museum, 361 S La Fox St. (Route 31), South Elgin. Families can bring a picnic lunch and dine near the museum's exhibits. Rides are free for fathers (with one paid child's fare). Fares are $2-$4. (847) 697-4676 or . 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- At Groupon, Not a Good Deal of Workplace Diversity
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Porn Lovers Get a New Search Engine
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- Utah Hosts US Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Meeting
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo