Iranian president-elect Hasan Rowhani has said that he hopes to
improve relations with the world, considering the high turnout of
the Iranian nation in the 14 June presidential election and the
world's positive approach towards Iran as a result.
"The mood that has prevailed over the world certainly plays a role and this new situation will surely turn into a new opportunity and I hope that through this new opportunity our relations with the world will be improved," Rowhani said at his first news conference after the election on 17 June, broadcast live by the Iranian news channel IRINN and the English-language Press TV.
"As I have said, we base our policies on the constructive cooperation with the world," Rowhani noted.
Originally published by Islamic Republic of Iran News Network, Tehran, in Persian 1136 17 Jun 13.
(c) 2013 BBC Monitoring Newsfile. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.
Most Popular Stories
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- It's No Yolk: Food-tech Startups Take Aim at Replacing Eggs
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief