Iranian president-elect Hasan Rowhani has said that he hopes to
improve relations with the world, considering the high turnout of
the Iranian nation in the 14 June presidential election and the
world's positive approach towards Iran as a result.
"The mood that has prevailed over the world certainly plays a role and this new situation will surely turn into a new opportunity and I hope that through this new opportunity our relations with the world will be improved," Rowhani said at his first news conference after the election on 17 June, broadcast live by the Iranian news channel IRINN and the English-language Press TV.
"As I have said, we base our policies on the constructive cooperation with the world," Rowhani noted.
Originally published by Islamic Republic of Iran News Network, Tehran, in Persian 1136 17 Jun 13.
(c) 2013 BBC Monitoring Newsfile. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?